Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eureka Skydeck88, Melbourne CBD

It has been a beautiful day in Melbourne (Vic, Australia) for those of you who are not Melbourneites.  We drove into the city to get a glimpse of Melbourne from 88 floors up, the highest public vantage point in the Southern Hemisphere.

I tried to copy some pics from the The Edge web page but it didn't work.  I do have some pics I took whilst up there but not being an expert with my phone as yet, will have to upload them in a day or so.  Here is the link so you can have a look for yourself, it really does give you a good idea of what it is like up there.
I hastily add though that I did not venture onto "The Edge", oh no, it was thrilling and scary enough standing at the floor length windows looking down from 88 floors on high.  I had quite enough excitement from going up in the lift which only took seconds and shook a bit from side to side, yeah!  Enough excitement already!

There were many people up there looking, and quite a few queued up to go out in that cage.

 


Skydeck 88 is the only observation deck in the world that can thrill you with 'The Edge' - a glass cube which projects 3 metres out from the building - with you in it - suspended almost 300 metres above the ground!





No comments:

Post a Comment